Connecting Facebook Groups
Before you can use Postly with Facebook Groups, you must do the following:
- You must be an admin to the Facebook Group.
- Either use the personal profile account that created the Group to add it to Postly, OR the account (personal profile or Page profile) that (create the Facebook Group) must make you an admin of the Group by itself before you can add it to Postly.
- Install the Postly app on the Facebook Group. See below for details.
Why are some Groups not showing up?
This is a Facebook platform issue and a work-around is stated below:
- Add someone else as admin – someone close to you.
- Remove yourself as admin.
- Leave the Group.
- Join back.
- Let that person make you an admin.
- Reconnect the Facebook account to Postly and the Group will show up.
How to install the Postly app on Facebook Groups
You need to be the owner or admin of the Facebook Group to install the Postly app.
Make sure you have the right permissions before you continue.
Then follow the below instructions:
- Go to the Facebook Group by clicking Groups in the left menu, and pick the group you want to install the app on.
- In the group, click Group settings from the left menu.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Apps.
- Click Add apps.
- Search for “Postly” and click on the app.
- Finally, click Add.
Connecting Facebook Page and Instagram accounts
You must have admin access to be able to schedule posts to Facebook/Instagram accounts. For Instagram business accounts, the following are required:
- It must be an Instagram business account.
- Your Facebook page is connected to your Instagram Business account.
- You have admin access to the Facebook page that you have connected to the Instagram Business account.
How to connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram Business account
To add a Facebook Page to your Instagram business account:
- Go to your Instagram Settings.
- Go to Account Center
- Choose a Facebook Page from your Pages that you’d like to connect to.
Click here to learn more.
I am having challenges connecting multiples of the same accounts. E.g. more than one Facebook accounts.
If you want to connect multiple accounts. Once u connect the 1st one, the subsequent accounts connections will just be defaulting to that 1st account, hence would not allow you to connect new accounts.
1. Connect the 1st account.
2. Open a new browser tab, access facebook.com, logout of Account A.
3. Login to account B that you want to add to Postly.
4. Go back to Postly and add new account, the new account B will show up.
5. Repeat the process.
6. This can also happen by logging in to all your Facebook accounts, then switch to each one connecting it to Postly – if possible.