Frequently Asked Questions
Sign up and sign in
Why do I not receive login code for my hotmail and outlook email accounts?
We are having a technical challenge with MSN email accounts namely: hotmail.com, outlook.com, outlook.live.com.
If you must use any of these accounts, we recommend you choose the Manual Password option while signing up. (“sign-in manually instead”)
How do I connect my Facebook Pages and Instagram Business Accounts?
You must have admin access to be able to schedule posts to Facebook/Instagram accounts. For Instagram business accounts, the following are required:
- It is an Instagram business account.
- Your Facebook page is connected to your Instagram Business account.
- You have admin access to the Facebook page that you have connected to the Instagram Business account.
Click here for more details.
How do I connect my Facebook Groups?
Before you can use Postly with Facebook Groups, you must do the following:
- You must be an admin to the Facebook Group.
- The account (personal profile or Page profile) that was used to create the Facebook Group must make you an admin by itself.
- Install the Postly app on the Facebook Group.
Click here for more details on how to install the Postly App.
Why are some Facebook Groups not showing up?
This is a Facebook platform issue and a work-around is stated below:
– Add someone else as admin – someone close to you.
– Remove yourself as admin.
– Leave the Group.
– Join back.
– Let that person make you an admin.
Reconnect the Facebook account to Postly and the Group will show up.
Why can't I find my Business Pages when I connect to LinkedIn?
Most likely because you are not an admin of those business pages. You must be an admin of a page to be able to connect to it and post contents to it.
Why does it seem like my Facebook pages show up on my Instagram connection?
No, those are your connected Instagram business pages. The display picture (DP) is just similar to your Facebook Page’s DP. This is an anomaly that came about because authentication happens via Facebook, we are currently investigating this.
Do I need a Telegram account Username for my Telegram connection to work?
Yes, your Telegram account(s) MUST have a username for Postly to Work!
I am having challenges connecting multiples of the same accounts. E.g. more than one Twitter accounts.
If you want to connect multiple accounts. Once u connect the 1st one, the subsequent accounts connections will just be defaulting to that 1st account, hence would not allow you to connect new accounts.
1. Connect the 1st account.
2. Open a new browser tab, access twitter.com, logout of Account A.
3. Login to account B that you want to add to Postly.
4. Go back to Postly and add new account, the new account B will show up.
5. Repeat the process.
6. This can also happen by logging in to all your Twitter accounts, then switch to each one connecting it to Postly.
LinkedIn, Twitter or other Platforms keeps spinning and never connects, why?
Possible causes are:
- Network problem
- Computer system/device security settings blocking the Postly application
- Popup blocker installed or from your anti-virus blocking the connection.
Can I publish Instagram Carousel Posts on Postly?
Yes, you can publish your favorite Instagram Carousel Posts on the Postly web. This feature works on the web application without the need for a complementary mobile app.
What Video formats can I publish on my Posts?
Only MP4 Video Format is supported right now. Keep your video size to a maximum of 100MB
What is the maximum file size for Images and Videos I can upload?
The maximum file size for Images and Videos you can upload at the moment is 700MB.
Can I post Twitter Threads on Postly?
Yes, just draft your post and Postly will manage the Twitter Threads behind the scene.
How do you publish content on TikTok
After scheduling your posts on Postly, check mobile notifications on your TikTok mobile app to approve and publish the post.
How many images can i attach to my post at once?
We recommend 4 images for your normal posts. Platforms like Twitter already have a hard-fixed limit of 4 images for a normal post.
Can I add a description to my TikTok video?
Tiktok doesn’t accept the description. You’ll have to set it when you are editing the video in the app. They only add #postly to tell u that Postly was used.
What are the recommended Character limits for Posts?
1. Linkedin = 3,000 characters
2. Instagram = 2,200 characters
3. Facebook = no limit.
Why, after entering the link, there is no link preview on Facebook pages and groups?
There are 2 options provided by the Facebook API for formatting links within a Post. And below is what we decided to do:
- For a Post that contains Text and Links only, the Link will be formatted with a preview at the bottom of the Link content.
- For a Post that contains Text, Image, and Link, the Link will not be formatted and there will be no preview of the Link content.
Why does "Trends for You" not show the latest trends of the day?
This problem is from the Twitter platform. It is out of our control.
Click here to learn more about this issue.
How can I disable the option of post approval on Reddit?
Follow this guide for each of your communities.
Your SubReddit – Mod Tools > Community settings > Posts and Comments > Spam filter strength
Set the Spam filter strength from All to Low and it should solve it
For more information, click here